No. You don’t need to reach for them only during the festive season. Fairy lights can cheer up even the dullest corners of your house and are so easy to set up and bring down, it’s hardly any effort. And why did you buy them, if you weren’t going to use them?
So, if you’re missing the festivities of Christmas and New Year, you can recreate the magic without having to wait for a celebration! Here are 10 nifty ideas to draw inspiration from and brighten up your home, and your spirits at the same time! And you don’t need much – a few nails maybe, some creativity and a willingness to try something new!
1. Hang your favorite pictures on a string of fairy lights using wooden clothespins for a unique gallery wall idea.
2. Turn a boring shelf into a new and quirky one by adding fairy lights to it and see the dramatic change it brings!
3. Turn an ordinary glass jar into a stunning new work of art one by lighting up fairy lights inside it.
4. Add some bling and a huge dose of personality to your large mirror by framing it with fairy lights.
5. Or, beautify a wall using these magical lights, a few nails and tons of creativity.
6. Did you know that fairy lights make for amazing room dividers?
7. Cheer up your indoor plants by draping fairy lights over them!
8. Or better yet, chalk out your favorite word over the wall with these twinkling lights.
9. You could even pick some twigs from your garden and make framed wall art using fairy lights.
10. Dress up a window nook with these amazing décor elements, for some quirky mood lighting.