Last updated on December 5th, 2020
While styling our homes, we often underestimate the great potential that window treatments hold, in enhancing the décor of the entire setting. Windows don’t just help bring in natural light, they can make for great focal points in the room, when done up the right way. All it takes is, a little bit of time and tons of creativity.
Here are 18 ideas to help you get started!
1. Horizontal Blinds for an understated and elegant look.
2. Fairy Lights during the festive season, or for no reason at all!
Courtesy: Schöner Wohnen
3. Cut-out Curtains for a window treatment with personality!
4. Circles On Strings if you’re in a crafty mood.
Courtesy: Brit + Co
5. Bamboo Roll-up Blinds. Simple and elegant.
6. Cut-out Shutters. For a Moroccan feel.
7. Beads On Strings. For the Bohemian in you.
8. A Canopy Of Curtains for some old-world charm!
9. Colorful Window Trims!
10. Lace Curtains for some English charm.
Courtesy: Rhoda Noto
11. Adhesive Film for Privacy without compromising on light.
12. Pom-Poms On Strings – welcome the spirit of the season with a window treatment with a difference!
Courtesy: This Little Space of Mine
13. Hanging Planters – a creative twist to window dressing!
14. Window Stickers – if you don’t want to block out any light filtering in, and don’t like the look of bare windows! (You can easily find stick and peel stickers of all kinds online)
15. Glass Painting – stained glass windows don’t just belong in churches. They can adorn your home too!
16. Banners – use the theme from the décor of your kid’s room even in the windows.
17. Drapes – the timeless way to dress up your windows that never goes out of vogue.
Courtesy: Practically Perfect Home
18. Knotted Chiffon – a DIY so simple to execute and with results so stunning!