Last updated on June 5th, 2021
A mattress is one of the most critical soft furnishing items in your home. People may require a hard or a soft mattress based on their comfort and health conditions. Yet, after prolonged use, a hard mattress can become saggy or a delicate mattress may begin to hurt your back. In both the conditions, you are denied a decent night’s rest.
How about we take a look at some of the best ways to firm up or soften your mattress without your having to replace it?
The most effective ways to firm up a mattress:
1. One of the easiest ways to firm up a mattress: Flip it regularly. A mattress must be turned at regular intervals for it to keep its real shape. It’s also a good idea to leave it in the sun for some time to help get rid of mites or any bed bugs in hiding.
2. Another way to firm up the mattress is to add a thicker bedding cushion which will provide extra comfort. Either choose a memory foam or latex cushion as a topper on your old mattress. These days, memory foam toppers are available in different densities.
The most effective ways to soften a mattress:
1. You can choose a mattress topper that can help reduce the hardness. You can find an extensive variety of mattress toppers like latex, flexible foam etc. in the market today.
2. Another easy way to soften up your mattress: Walking or jumping on a new and firm mattress can help soften it up. No, we aren’t kidding you! You can also rotate the mattress regularly to help soften it up.
3. In case you are using a temperature friendly mattress, then put it out in the sun. A little bit of sunlight will soften up the mattress, making it gentler on your body. A delicately warmed surface could likewise help mollify the bedding as well.