Have you ever walked into a house and experienced a sudden emotional rush that made you feel happy or sad for no apparent reason whatsoever? It is because each house comes with its own energy. And, this energy (positive or negative) affects the people in the house. Hence, it is of utmost importance to understand how to boost positive energy in the 5 most important areas of your house. Here are 15 Powerful Vastu tips to bring in positive energy and to bring balance into your home.
Vastu Tips for the Main Door
According to Vastu Shastra, the main door of your house is not only the entry point for people but also a gateway for energy to enter the house. As per this science, the main door holds utmost importance, as this area of your house is responsible for the entry and exit of cosmic energy that heals your mind, body, and soul, and promotes happiness, wealth and prosperity. An ideal main door should face the following auspicious directions: north, north-east, east, or west.
Other Vastu tips to follow:
- Abstain from putting a fountain, or any other water element outside your main door.
- Try to avoid putting the shoe rack or dustbin outside the main door.
- There shouldn’t be a bathroom close to the main entrance of the house.
- The main door of your home should be well lit.
- Do not paint the main door black.
Vastu Tips for the Pooja Room
Your pooja room is an auspicious area of your house, that channelizes cosmic energy. And, designing a pooja room as per Vastu Shastra will bring in positive energy into your house, ensuring spiritual growth of your family members. Here are a few Vastu tips to keep in mind for your pooja room.
- The east or north-east of your house is ideal for prayer and other spiritual interests.
- Keep the pooja room and its surroundings clear of any sort of clutter.
- When it comes to painting the pooja room, think of white, beige, pale yellow or green.
Vastu Tips for the Living Room
The living room is a place where many activities take place – from entertaining guests to spending quality time with your family. Here are a few tips for a Vastu-friendly living room:
- The living room should face the east, north or north-east or north-west.
- Keep heavy furniture pieces like the couch, in the west or south-west side of the living room.
- All electronic devices like the TV, music system, should be in the south-east area of the living room.
- In case you have a mirror in the room, make sure it is set on the northern divider.
Vastu Tips for the Courtyard
The courtyard is a unique architectural feature of Indian homes. It is also known as the cosmic center of the house and is considered as one of the most powerful areas of the house. Check out the Vastu tips to follow for the courtyard that will ensure positive energy in your house.
- Keep the courtyard clean and spotless.
- Ensure that you don’t have the bathroom or the kitchen near the courtyard.
Vastu Tips for the Bedroom
Your bedroom is your retreat. A sanctuary, that you leave all your stress out of. Here are a few Vastu tips to ensure your bedroom radiates positive energy.
- A bedroom located in the south-west direction brings well-being and success.
- The bed should be set in the southwest corner of the room, with your head facing west.
- Abstain from putting a mirror or TV in front of the bed as it may cause fights among couples.
- Paint your room dividers in neutral or natural shades as they emanate positive energy.