Flowers are amazing things! They can fill up a space with color, life, fragrance and beauty all at the same time. Just put them in a vase filled with water, and they are ready to spread their magic around them, just like that! If only they could last longer before wilting into sad little things! Well, you can make them stay fresh for way longer than usual with a few simple, time-tested tricks.
Here are 6 of them which don’t need much time or effort and can keep these pretty little décor elements in their best form!
1. One of the easiest ways to keep the flowers fresh is to stick them overnight in the refrigerator, and take them out right before the guests arrive! Easy as pie, isn’t it?
2. You can also sprinkle some hairspray on the flowers to keep them fresh. (Don’t ask us how this works, but it does!)
3. Cut the stems of the flowers at 45 degrees before dunking the stems in water. This way the flowers will absorb the most water and remain fresh for longer.
4. Here’s another trick. Add 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 spoons of sugar into the water in your vase when you put the stems in. Also, make sure you change the solution after 24 hours for best results.
5. Yet another way to keep your flowers fresh for longer is to add a spoonful of sugar and some vodka into the vase along with the water. This will delay the decaying process and keep your flowers looking and smelling fresh!
6. Bet you’ve never heard of this one before! Just drop a copper coin in the vase when you put the stems in water. The copper from the coin will work as an acidifier, and prevent the growth of bacteria, keeping the flowers from wilting.