Last updated on November 24th, 2021
A bedroom is your go-to place at the fag end of your day. A space that you relax in, after a long day at work.
Needless to say, it needs to be done up in your favorite hues and has your favorite things in it. Here are a few tips and tricks that will help you turn your private sanctuary into something stunningly beautiful.
1. Choosing the right colors for your bedroom is very important. It’s a good idea to choose colors that lift your spirits up and are your favorite. You may just want to tone down the shades to more subtle ones.
This might mean choosing lavender instead of deep purple, or peach instead of orange. Subtle colors help us relax, which is what you want to do in your bedroom, at the end of the day.
2. A bedroom needs to have layered lighting, which needs to be a mix of ambient lighting that would help light up the whole room, focused lighting with a movable arm for reading, and accent lighting that can be used when you need softer lighting.
Here’s yet another example.
3. The furniture that you use in the bedroom needs to be appropriate for the size of the room. A huge bed in a small bedroom isn’t a great idea, as it’ll make the room look even smaller and restrict the walking space in the room.
On the other hand, if your bedroom is large you can choose to have a bench at the foot of the bed and include a separate seating area too.
4. The ceiling plays an important role in a bedroom since when you lie in bed, that’s what you see. This is why it’s a good idea to have it painted in a soft pattern or with a lighter shade of the color you’ve used on the bedroom walls.
Coloring the ceiling seems to bring it down a little and gives a feeling of comfort and coziness.
5. It’s a good idea to plan some storage space inside your bedroom. Storing things out of sight will make the room appear significantly large and uncluttered.
Choose roomy bedside tables, a bed with storage options, and place a bench with storage at the foot of your bed.
6. It’s a good idea to decorate the bedroom walls with colorful artwork that you love, and sprinkle the colors used in it around the room for a carefully coordinated look.
You can use colors in single large pieces as well.
7. It’s a great idea to keep plants in the bedroom, that won’t just purify the air around you, but will also add a touch of gentleness to the décor.
Go right ahead and make those green beauties your roomies!
May you find joy decorating your bedroom folks!